There certainly isn't much of that around our house these days. We have a child who doesn't stop talking from the moment she wakes up until the time she goes to bed. I'm sure many can relate with this. I know I was probably just like her (I know my brother was:). She is learning so much at school she just can't tell me enough about it. There is also something about ripping and cutting things into a million pieces and playing with the small shreds of paper she call "money" that I still haven't figured out what is so entertaining with that. I do love her creativity and I can never say she lacks imagination. Delaney and Bree adore each other. We've started referring to Breana as "Momma B" and Laney as "Momma D". They could call each other "mom" and I would hear them from a different room. It sounded as if I was talking to myself (which I often feel I do) when I would call out "Yes!" multiple times and they would say annoyed, "I was talking to my other mom!" Their favorite thing to play together is house and baby dolls. It's humorous to hear them talk to each other. It gives me a great perspective in the way I talk to them.
We don't lack for entertainment or humor at our house with these two girls. We have recently introduced the silent cheer. Thank you to Breana's kindergarden teacher. We now have a quiet way of celebrating exciting things. I couldn't stop laughing when Breana showed me. I made a huge deal out of it and told her she can do the silent cheer as often as she wants too. In fact, I wanted her to teach Delaney. So if there's too much noise at your house, teach your kids the silent cheer courtesy of Mrs. Decker. Put your hands in the air and open your mouth as if you were yelling and jump up and down. Hilarious! I'm hoping to do this on Tuesday when one surgery is under belt and Trey's hearing is restored:)
I've mastered a new skill this week, thanks to my talented patient friend, Alisa. I sewed my first dress:) I actually just finished the girls Christmas dresses today. I'll post pictures later. Sewing has a way of teaching patience. This skill I am still working on. It will take a life of sewing to teach me that but I will continue to improve. Well, I haven't mastered sewing either, but I can pretend.



No comments:
Post a Comment