Through the Lords mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness, "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, therefore I hope in Him.
What am I consumed with? This question was asked a conference I just attended on Nov. 10th by Jennifer Rothschild. She has written many bible studies and I did one of hers a couple months back. The conference focused on the verse above. Perhaps it is easy to be consumed with fear, anger, worry etc. If we are consumed with God's love then we are not consumed. After experiencing these past few months with Trey and his medical issues this is so clear to me. There are times when worry and fear consumed me but God's love was the only constant. When I spent time in prayer and really looked for God's direction He did not fail me. I was not consumed. He is faithful. I was in the middle of a dessert emotionally and he provided the food (manna) as He did for the children of Israel who left their lives of slavery to wonder the dessert, trusting that God would provide for them.
Trey had his hearing retested on Monday because as a newborn he did not pass his hearing test at the hospital. At the test the audiologist found him to have fluid behind both of his eardrums. She said it could effect the test negatively, but they would go ahead and check it. Trey slept through the test. They confirmed that he had some mild hearing loss but it could be a result of the fluid behind his ear. We were referred to Dr. Reddy at ENT associates for evaluation.We visited yet another specialist (that makes for a grand total of five) and he felt it would be best to proceed with placing tubes in both ears as well as checking his ABR (hearing test) again while he is under anesthesia. I expressed my concern with having him under anesthesia and the effects on his swallowing (because after surgery you are at increased risk for aspiration) and he assured me that it will not effect his swallowing. We are scheduled for Dec. 4th at 7:30 am to have the tubes placed.
Just as the children of Israel stumbled and questioned God, so have I. I wonder how a perfectly beautiful, smiley baby could have so many problems in such a short amount of time. How can Trey have such an amazing personality and positive outlook on life when week after week I have dragged him to doctor after doctor. He's so innocent and sweet. What would it be like to have such a childlike innocents and not have a clue what is going on? I am thankful that everything we have gone through has been at such a young age where he probably won't even remember it.
![]() | |
| Trey's 4 month picture taken by Kathryn Proto Photography |

It is through trials our faith is tested! We are refined! Glad to hear things are getting taken care of for Trey. Sorry you have had to see so many doctors. It 's hard to endure health obstacles, especially when there are unknowns. Trey is such a joy. I can not wait to play with him again at Christmas! It's great we have hope, can you imagine what it would be like if we didn't? Although I am unsure whether God lets these types of things happen I am sure He is the ultimate care giver and loves each of us and lived so we could be free. In that I find peace.
ReplyDelete