Test, test and more tests and now surgery. Trey had tubes put in both ears today. We were at the hospital by 5:30 am and home by 10. I was delighted to have a nurse that I worked with on the nursing leadership group as Treys nurse. Cheryl was wonderful and Trey laughed out loud at her several times. I had such peace of mind knowing our anesthesiologist as well, Dr. Vickery:) Dr. Reddy placed treys tubes and then he had a hearing test (for a third time). The ABR continued to show mild hearing loss in his left ear but some improvement on the right. The audiologist said she didn't have any answers. They were hoping that once the fluid was drained his hearing would be restored. She said there is still a possibility there is undrained fluid and inflammation causing this problem but be prepared for the possibility that he may never hear normally in his left ear. Translation: possibly a hearing aid in his future. We may not know Gods plan for Treys life or why He has challenged us regarding Treys health but there is a plan. I will not be anxious and I will pray that this next hearing test will be normal. If its not, we will cross that road when it comes. Today, he is healthy and resting quietly. Surgery was successful and we have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:
Post a Comment