Monday, October 29, 2012

MRI completely normal:)

I just got a call from Dr. Yalamanchali's office. Trey's scan was completely normal. It doesn't give us any explanation for why he is aspirating, but it does tell us that neurologically he is normal. That is a huge praise!!!! He has continued wheezing so they believe he is still aspirating. I am switching to formula per the doctors recommendation. I am confident that is the best decision from this point on. I can't say I am disappointed to stop pumping. That is one task I can take off my to do list. I was willing to do it, if it was the best thing for Trey. Unfortunately, it is too difficult to keep breast milk thick. It is an ultrathin liquid that when thickened doesn't stay thick for very long and is constantly changing consistencies. I don't regret having tried it, but it is not working. I am determined to get this kid breathing clearly and without difficulty! We are increasing his nebulizers to every 4 hours with an added medication Pulmicort to stop the inflammation. The doctor also wants me to continue his prednisone for 2 more days. We are paying a visit to Dr. Hiss (my chiropractor) tomorrow to see if an adjustment of his spine with help with the reflux as well. I'd love to get him off some of these medications. Thank you everyone for your prayers! They have been felt!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Linds, keep hanging in there. You are such a great mom! I know it is a lot of work to keep up with all these health concerns! Trey is in great hands with you. We are praying for him and you guys!

    ReplyDelete