Sunday, October 28, 2012

It takes a village

I have heard the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child...". I have come to appreciate my village a lot over the past five years of raising children. There are so many moments where our friends and family have truly been a God send to us, well especially me! I thank God for the phone call last week just to see if I needed anything while my friend was at the store. The willingness of our friends and family over the past few months to watch one, two or three of our children while we have gone to countless doctors appointments, errands etc has been overwhelming. THANK GOD FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Trey had his MRI on friday. He was NPO after 8 am (meaning he couldn't eat anything by mouth). The test was 2 hours late because of equipment issues but Trey was a trooper. He didn't even act hungry. He took a little nap while he waited for his IV. They had a little bit of a tough time finding his vein, but it only took one poke, thanks to the nurse who works IV team:) Our nurse Amanda was wonderful. She took us down to MRI where Trey was sedated for the test. He was given propofol to sleep during the scan. They let me stay until he fell asleep. It was not easy for me to see him drugged and just laying there, so I quickly left the room. The scan took about 25 minutes. I was in the waiting area trying to stay distracted. The code alarm went off overheard and my heart about skipped a beat until I heard the 5th floor and was immediately relieved. For those nurses or hospital staff that are familiar with that noise, it is never something you want to hear when your baby is away from you. Quite honestly, you never want to hear it period because it means someone is in trouble. Trey was fine and they came and got me before he woke up. I was able to hold him while he woke up and we headed back up stairs. We have not received the results from the scan but I anticipate we will have them Nov. 6th at his follow up with the lung doctor.

In the meantime, he is still wheezing with activity and has an occasional cough. It has improved some. He is not having an labored breathing or retractions. He's been on prednisone for 4 days and is also receiving breathing treatments three times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment